You may know that certain foods can cause or increase your chances of heart disease, but did you know making better dietary choices can help decrease your risks. Check out these 8 Heart-healthy diet tips to prevent Heart Disease.
1. Control your portion size - use a smaller plate or measure out your portion.
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables - eating more of these will lesson the likelyhood of you snacking on high fat, low nutrient foods like cheese and meat.
3. Select whole grains - they are a good source of fibre and other nutrients that play a role in regulating blood sugar and heart health.
4. Limit UNHEALTHY FAT - Limiting your saturated and trans fats is an important step to lower your blood cholesterol and lower your risk of coronary artery disease.
5. Choose low fat protein choices - Chicken breast, fish and eggs are your best bet.
6. Reduce the sodium in your food- Most salt comes from canned vegetables or soups. Try and look for the No Salt Added varieties.
7. Plan Ahead: Create Daily Menus - When you are prepared it's easier to make healthy choices.
8. Allow yourself a treat on occasion! - We are all human.
For the entire article click the link below: